Senior Manager, Project Finance Unit, WWFChina Programme
Position: Senior Manager, ProjectFinance Unit, WWF-China
Location: WWF China ProgrammeOffice, Beijing
Reports to: Finance Director of WWFChina Programme Office
I. Major Functions:
· SupportFinance Directoras and when required.
· Takes lead to provide guidance to project finance team.
· Project Finance andProject Management
· Compliance and Capacitybuilding
II. Major Duties andResponsibilities:
a. Project Finance Reporting & Project Management
-Guide, supervise andreview the project finance unit’s day to day work
-Oversee & maintainthe donors’ contracts and third parties’ contracts,
-Coordinateand ensure Quarterly submission of financial report to all donors within deadline,approved by Conservation Directors & Finance Director before the reportsending out.
-Develop the annually,quarterly and monthly project financial status reports and track list.
-Monitor and review budgetpreparation for proposal to Donors,
-Co-ordinate with GeneralAccounting unit to the monthly financial closing.
-Develop monthly CPOproject financial analysis reporting package, supervise project financialanalysis and review with all program directors.
-Holds periodicallyreviews with Finance Director by reviewing the current financial situationbased on work plans. Prepare further financial analysis if requested.
-Examinespaper flow and filing systems to ensure that they are adequate for the usersand can be easily accessed. Ensure the implementation of new filing systems ifrequired.
-Supervisesperiodic updating of CPO projects in WWF International Project Database.
- Ensure thepolicies and procedures are correctly implemented and adapted for localconditions, and to comply with regulations and donors requirements.
- Tracking andmonitoring project transactions, including reviewing internal control andprocedures.
- Assisting andadvising the program directors the risk management for third party contractualprocesses
- Monitor monthly submission of financialreports fromfield offices to identify problems and solutions. Quarterly review field offices petty cash andbank reconciliation. When necessary, performs on-site visits toevaluate operations of the field offices. Writes an annual evaluation of eachfield office’s performance.
- Analysis andreview the third party contracting and reporting process. When necessary,supervise and performs audit to third parties, and finalize third party auditreport.
- Trainingto the finance staff in the preparation and evaluationof monthly financial reports focusing on identifying incorrect entries and theappropriateness of expenditures.
- Providesday-to-day training, systems back up, staff back up on Oracle systems as required.
- Provide capacity building to all fieldfinance staff in light of field financial operations manual.
- Proposed the capacity building to field finance staff focuses on the review of changes in accountingsoftware, administrative procedures, and problem solving.
- Provide financial training to 3rd party when necessary.
d. Perform other tasks as assigned bythe finance director.
III. WORKING RELATIONS:
IV. Supervisory Responsibilities: Projectfinance unit
V. Minimum Qualifications:
1. Knowledge: A degree in finance, accountingor business administration.
2. Experience: Minimum 10 years experience in the field ofaccounting orproject financial management is essential. Goodinterpersonal skills as well as day-to-day contact with a diverse working groupare required. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain clear lines ofcommunication within all levels of staff is necessary.
3. Skills andAbilities: Prior working knowledge orexperience with Oracle Business Suite is a plus. Leadership and communication skills, coupled withdiplomacy, numeracy are essential. The successful candidate will not only bemeticulous and thorough, with a keen attention to detail, but will also be ableto recommend changes and provide solutions to benefit both the unit andorganization. Proven interpersonal and people-management skills, complementedby good written and spoken English, are a must. Strong financial skills, aswell as a well-organised approach to work are necessary.