Position title: TRAFFIC F&A Assistant (TRAFFIC财务与行政助理)
Reports to: F&A Officer
• Support implementing andmaintaining sound financial policies and procedures for the projectimplementation to comply with WWF CPO, TRAFFIC and donor’s requirements;
• Support preparation of monthly,quarterly and annual financial reports of the project to East Asia RegionalOffice and coordination with the Regional Office for information required forfinancial matters;
• Checking and filing of paymentrequests and documentation during project implementation;
• Preparing bank paymentdocuments, arrange bank payment against approved payment requests for theproject;
• Entry of financial data intothe financial system and/or excel templates;
• Working with the projectmanagers and TRAFFIC F&A Officer and assist in developing financial reportsand budgets;
• Managing the project’scontracts and related documents in relation to finance with partners andvendors in line with WWF CPO’s contract management standard;
• Organizing logistics, e.g. forproject-related events or travel;
• Assist to maintain the fixedassets records and material management database.
• TRAFFIC/WWF-China team andsupport staff, as well as TRAFFIC Regional Office (e.g. Regional F&Manager)
• Provide support to otherproject team staff in special cases
• Interacts with the bank,relevant private sectors, resources owners, other partners and communityorganizations, primarily in the country when necessary to deliver the agreedoutputs of the projects’ activities.
· Degree in accounting, financial management or businessadministration
· Proficient in English and Chinese, both writing andverbal communication skills
· At least one year working experience in accounting oradministration with solid knowledge in accounting
· PC literacy in MS Office Applications and proficiency inExcel and computerised accounting system, preferably Sage 300 (formerly knownas ACCPAC)
· Experience in project management and event planning isan added asset
· Attention to detail
· Excellent networking and teamwork skills
· Excellent skills in planning, organization, time management,facilitation, and coordination
· Independent, self-motivated and able to work underpressure
TRAFFIC, the wildlife trademonitoring network, is the leading non-governmental organization workingglobally on trade in wild animals and plants in the context of bothbiodiversity conservation and sustainable development.
TRAFFIC specializes in:
• Investigating andanalyzing wildlife trade trends, patterns, impacts and drivers to provide theleading knowledge base on trade in wild animals and plants;
• Informing, supportingand encouraging action by governments, individually and throughinter-governmental cooperation to adopt, implement and enforce effectivepolicies and laws;
• Providing information,encouragement and advice to the private sector on effective approaches toensure that sourcing of wildlife uses sustainability standards and bestpractice;
• Developing insight intoconsumer attitudes and purchasing motivation and guiding the design ofeffective communication interventions aimed to dissuade purchasing of illicitwildlife goods.